Tips on teaching informational texts:
- Intro to Informational Texts
- Best ever literacy tips for teaching informational text structure
- Teaching Informational texts using reciprocal reading strategies – very long, but full of great stuff.
- The Ultimate Teacher’s Guide – again, long but full of good info and ideas
- The power of non-fiction +video
Sites I frequent frequently:
- Corpus of Contemporary American English
- UIOWA – The sounds of spoken language
- Reading A-Z
- Read Write Think
- Socrative – the coolest classroom tool.
1. Alex singing twinkle-twinkle little star (he was about 30 months old in this video).
2. Me and Alex reading We’re Going on a Bear Hunt
3. Here is a collection of presentations from The New School
4. A small collection of youtube videos related to how children acquire their first language.
5. Here are 100 Neil Young videos… just in case my Dad stops by.